"The Time Machine!" is the 496th episode of SML Movies.
Cody makes a time machine!
The video starts with Junior, Joseph and Cody communicating with each other, but Joseph and Junior were initially communicating with each other. Cody repeatedly stated that it was his birthday, turning 12 in this video. Joseph didn't like the number 12 for some reason. Moreover, on TV, there was a Chuck E. Cheese's advertisement that allowed people 10 years or older to go to a party all night.
That very Saturday night, Joseph, Junior, and Cody showed their IDs to Brooklyn T. Guy. Joseph and Junior entered, but Cody didn't, because Brooklyn T. Guy stated that he was three years old because his birthday is on February 29th.
Sometime later, Junior and Joseph came back home with their tickets and prizes. Cody was sad because he didn't get to be in the place as he is apparently 3 when he should be 12. Joseph freaks out again so Junior kicks him out make tells him he's not allowed to be in the rest of the video.
Cody devises a plan to create a time machine so that he won't get born on the 29th of February so he created the T-T-Time Machine which works by inserting quarters.
Junior and Cody go to May 28th of 2007 which is nine months before Cody was born. There, Judy and Tyrone are in bed and Junior says some stuff behind their backs which gets Tyrone arrested. Cody doesn't approve what Junior has done so they travel to May 29th.
Judy and Tyrone are once again in bed and Junior shows up as a prostitute trying to get Judy and Tyrone to break up, but it fails so Junior and Cody travels to February 29th, 2008. The day that Cody was born.
Junior tricks the Brooklyn Guy to leave and comes up with an excuse why Judy shouldn't give birth on the 29th so she's just going to have to hold it in until the first day of March.
However, it turns out that Judy can't give birth so she and Tyrone are just going to have to adopt a child. Junior tells Cody this and Cody explains that he doesn't know his birth parents so the two of them decided to return to the present.
They make it back to the present and Tyrone arrives to pick Cody up. Junior bids Cody a happy 12th birthday and like Joseph, Tyrone throws a fit over it.
- Bowser Junior
- Brooklyn T. Guy
- Roy Gethard (cameo)
- Kamek (pictured on Cody's ID card)
- Chuck E. Cheese (advertisement)
- God (mentioned)
- This is the first SML Video of March 2020, and the tenth video of the year.
- Junior, Cody, & Joseph are all turned back into Koopa plushies. This is due to Logan’s confirmation of switching back and forth between them and the human puppets.
- This video confirms that Cody is adopted, making Tyrone and Judy his foster parents. This was hinted in “Cody’s Missing!”.
- This video also confirms that Cody's biological father is indeed Kamek, according to Cody's ID.
- There is a joke on Cody's ID saying "Sex: A lot." which is a reference to how he bangs Ken.
- This video marks Roy Gethard's first canon appearance.
- This SML Movie was Released in front of Cody's Birthday Knowing that he Mentioned it in the title.
- This is the SML Movie of March 2020 that Chef Pee Pee does NOT Appear.
- Running gags:
- Junior shows signs of short-term memory loss as he doesn't recall things that happened between him and Cody.
- Joseph always freaks out when he hears the number 12, as he says "F12" which is slang for cops.
- Junior and Cody make 'Pew! Pew!' noises when they enter the time machine as if the time machine that Cody made actually made noises when they traveled through time.
- Junior and Cody finding quarters for their Time Machine.
- Brooklyn Guy said "What, do I look like I'm adopted?" being sarcastic, even though in "Precious's Pillow Fort!." he stated he was adopted after Stuart Little.
- Brooklyn Guy should have known what coronavirus was, even though it was 2008, as an outbreak of SARS coronavirus happened in 2002, even though it is just referred to as SARS, Brooklyn Guy should have known what Junior was talking about. It could be that Brooklyn Guy does not keep up with current events that much.
- The thumbnail is somewhat misleading as Joseph gets kicked out by Junior after the first part of the video. However, Joseph is seen on the side of the thumbnail, possibly emphasizing the fact that he is only a side character.
- The address on Cody's ID is actually the SML house/Junior's house, which is incorrect as Cody only visits Junior's house and does not live there.
- Judy threatens with writing a #Me Too tweet. However, Judy shouldn't be able to do this since it was May 2007 and #Me Too wasn't created until 2017, ten years later.
- Brooklyn T. Guy's first appearance in SML was in 2011. And in 2008 in this video, he was a police officer when he arrested Tyrone, though Mr. Goodman was the first officer before Brooklyn T. Guy. It's possible Logan forgot.