- This article is about the remake. For the original episode, see "The Remote!".
Junior gets a remote that can control time!
The story begins with Junior excited that Chef Pee Pee got he and his friends got happy meals. Joseph and Cody are excited because they are planning to get heart disease by the time they are 50 years old. Before they start eating, Junior turns on the TV to Rugrats where Angelica steals a toy from Chuckie and Tommy. Chuckie then headbutts Angelica down the stairs and he and Tommy watch Angelica as she passed out. Joseph then "burns" by saying that he cares about a doll just like Angelina, Junior then spells "burned" wrong by spelling it "burnd". Cody tells them the right spelling but Junior mistakes him for mispronouncing it. Junior, Joseph and Cody then open their happy meals.
Junior pulls out his Chicken Nuggets but gets jealous when Cody pulls out a go-gurt and Junior doesn't have one. Joseph pulls out a "ROBLOX" toy, Cody pulls out a "ROBLOX" Shaggy bobble head from Scooby Doo with a devious smile. Junior is excited to see what toy he got but he pulls out a TV remote. Joseph and Cody make fun of him because probably McDonalds ran out of proper kids toys. Junior then presses the pause button on the remote but actually makes everyone stop moving.
Junior thinks Cody and Joseph stopped speaking because he got a lame toy and tells them to leave. When he doesn't see them moving he runs to Chef Pee Pee to make him tell them to leave. Chef Pee Pee is also frozen and Junior thinks he is ignoring him too when really, everyone is frozen. Junior uses the un pause button and then Joseph and Cody start moving, Joseph and Cody say that nothing happened but Junior makes Cody try. Cody presses the pause button on the remote and sees what Junior is talking about. He takes advantage of the situation and decides to do something to everyone around him.
After 5 years of doing stuff to people, he finally un pauses time. Junior and Joseph wake up after feeling pain in their bottoms. Cody tells Junior that the remote controls time. Cody tells him that he keep it paused for 5 years. Junior then wants to pause time and punch Chef Pee Pee in the face. Chef Pee Pee sees a crocodile in the kitchen and tells Junior to run, instead Junior paused time and punched Chef Pee Pee in the face. After laughing because of his pain, Joseph and Cody think that doing that to Chef Pee Pee was wrong and mean. Cody tries to persuade Junior to destroy the remote but instead. Junior changes Cody's language to Spanish. Junior then changes his language back to English.
Junior then feels guilty for punching Chef Pee Pee in the face and then wants to fast-forward him cleaning up the mess the crocodile made. Junior says "Your Welcome" to Chef Pee Pee but he doesn't know what Junior is talking about. Cody wants Junior to destroy the remote but Junior wants to keep it because he can fast-forward through school. Junior then wants Cody to give him a long detailed explanation on why he should get rid of it. Cody starts but Junior fast-forwards through the explanation. Cody then tells him what he was talking about, Junior wants him to do it again but Cody is skeptical until Junior says if he does it again Cody can punch him in the face and break the remote. Joseph briefly believes him but Junior has his fingers crossed. Cody starts again but instead of fast-forwarding again. Junior mutes him.
Junior un mutes him after a while. Cody is enraged but Junior wants to use the rewind feature to make a bet with his dad. He goes to his room to make a bet and if he guesses right, Bowser has to give him $100. But if Junior gets it wrong, he has to give him $200. Junior then starts guessing and if he gets it wrong, he rewinds. After going through numbers until he reaches 8 and an angry Bowser gives him $100. Junior asks Cody how to get rid of the remote. Cody thinks there is a self-destruct button on the back of the remote but instead, Junior then presses the parental Control button which then shows the YouTube age-restriction screen, thus ending the video.
- Bowser Junior
- Chef Pee Pee
- The Crocodile (cameo)
- Angelica Pickles (on TV)
- Tommy Pickles (on TV)
- Chuckie Finster (on TV)
- Reptar (cameo)
- Harry Potter (mentioned)
- Shaggy (cameo as a Happy Meal toy)
Differences from the original
- Bowser is seen on the thumbnail with Junior, Joseph, Cody, and Chef Pee Pee, while in the original thumbnail, he wasn't. It was just Junior, Joseph, Cody, and Chef Pee Pee.
- Cody writes "UNMUTE ME JUNIOR" on a piece of paper instead of a mini whiteboard.
- The remake is shorter by 40 seconds.
- Ken's clothes, the Happy Meal toys, the Happy Meal boxes, the Go-Gurt, the "Burned" text format, the "5 years later" text format, and the rewind sound effects are different.
- Bowser Jr mentions Harry Potter trying to catch a spell instead of a robot talking about spaghetti.
- Joseph doesn't say "savage" after Junior says "burned!", nor "Oh no Junior! Not your house burned to the ground!".
- Junior says "We don't want the video to get demonetized" unlike in the original and says "we don't want you doing that".
- Chef Pee Pee is completely unaware that he was sped up when cleaning the cookies in the remake, though in the original he was surprised that he cleaned the cookies very quickly after being sped up.
- Joseph and Cody get the same Happy Meal toys in the remake, while in the original, they get different Happy Meal toys.
- When 5 years have passed after Cody paused, Ken is shown with his clothes still on while he was shown to have his clothes taken off in the original.
- Chompy is replaced by The Crocodile to comply with Nintendo’s cease-and-desist order.
- Chompy could have also been replaced because he retired, and possibly died in "Precious the Rapper!".
- Cody's message during the part where Junior fast-forwards is different from the original. It's similar in nature as Cody describes what he did during the five years he paused.
- However, unlike the original where the whole speech was audible when slowed down. The tape sound effect is too loud to the point some of the audio gets washed up through the edit, making only portions of it easy to hear.
- What Chef Pee Pee says while being fast-forwarded does not have any profanity, and what he says when one slows the audio down is, "Why doesn't Junior clean up the mess, huh?! He doesn't ever do anything! Always hanging out with his friends! Gonna take forever! Still gotta sweep!".
- This remake was uploaded 2 years after "Shrunken" and 7 years after "The Baby".
- This is The Crocodile's first appearance in 2021, and his first appearance since "Schizophrenia Case Study".
- This is the first remake to be a remake of a video that was originally filmed in the new house.
- The stock footage of Rugrats was ripped straight from the original version of this video.
- In fact, this video could be made to promote the upcoming Rugrats reboot.
- This video is the first human puppet remake not to be based off a video from 2016.
- This is currently the least viewed episode on Logan's newest channel, at nearly 2,250,000 views.
To see full results of this poll, see here.
To see full results of this poll, see here.