"The Costume Contest!" is the 406th episode of SML Movies.
Craig wants to have a costume contest!
Jeffy is confused when Mario says they're going to carve a pumpkin. He stabs it, and the pumpkin screams. Jeffy calls the police and Brooklyn T. Guy shows up. He apparently classifies this as murder and the pumpkin's children are shown sad.
Brooklyn Guy lets this slide, but he can't "stab" a pumpkin again, because it's illegal. The doorbell rings after he leaves and Mario answers it.
Craig appears, but Mario thinks it's just someone in a devil costume. Mario gives Craig cheese, which he complains. Craig, in a consecutive manner, tries to explain, to Mario, that he is actually the Devil.
Mario lets him in to see for himself. Craig asks Mario to give him a glass of milk, without the term “please”, due to his evilness. Once given the glass, Craig pours and spills the milk on the counter table, as he is lactose intolerant, which gets Mario to believe his saying. Craig likes what Mario had done to the pumpkin, and gives him a challenge, in the form of a traditional costume contest, where the winner gets a “Get Out of Hell Free Card” (no matter what the winner would do that's evil, he/she would never go to hell).
Mario is also told to send invites, as in to have Brooklyn Guy & Jeffy repeat the description to others whom Brooklyn Guy and Jeffy may know. They do so.
Mario hears the doorbell again and goes to answer it, which is Brooklyn Guy telling Mario the same exact thing because he doesn't have any friends, just him. He then goes to get a costume.
We head to Bowser Junior, Joseph, and Cody complaining about how they now think Trick-or-Treating is awful, even by wearing costumes. Jeffy comes along and gives them the information. Junior and his friends agree to this. Cody goes home to tell his parents about the contest, and Joseph was told to do the same but Junior stuttered while trying to say the word "parents", and so Joseph thinks he was trying to tell him to find Perry the Platypus from Phineas and Ferb, only to then start wondering where he was at, since he was always going around without ever being noticed (as he is a secret agent), and Junior, pretending he actually was trying to say Perry's name, tells Joseph to go look for him. Junior then decides to give Joseph $5 so he can buy a costume at Goodwill, but he is later revealed to only have done the latter, since Perry could not be found, likely due to him being in Danville, either at Phineas and Ferb's house or fighting Dr. Doofenshmirtz.
Back at the Kitchen, Mario plans to clean up the milky mess but finds no paper towels, where Craig brags about being so evil.
We head to Chef Pee Pee and Bowser Jr. in the Kitchen, as well, were Pee Pee is Sulley, and Jr. is Mike Wazowski. The doorbell rings again, and it is Cody and his parents. Cody once again brags. They are let in, where Judy is once again insulted by Jr. (pig joke). The doorbell rings, and in order of moments: Joseph (LEGO Dude), Goodman (Cash Cow), Jackie Chu (Cat in the Hat), and Brooklyn Guy (as Iron Man). Then Shrek shows up ("Big Fat Baboon.")
Craig begins to determine the winner. Tyrone, repeatedly, hopes for the win. However, he reveals the winner as Craig (himself), which leads to disappointment from Mario (Batman), Brooklyn Guy, and Tyrone. Craig (“Dracula”) brags one last time about being so evil, then, he leaves.
Still disappointed, Tyrone and Brooklyn Guy wave off Mario, after Mario describes the importance. The video ends after Brooklyn Guy tells Mario to beat it.
- The Pumpkin
- The Pumpkin's Children (cameo)
- Brooklyn T. Guy
- Bowser Junior
- Chef Pee Pee
- Goodman (cameo)
- Shrek (cameo)
- Jackie Chu (cameo)
- Debra (mentioned)
- The Cat In The Hat (as Jackie Chu's costume)
- Mickey Mouse (mentioned)
- God (mentioned)
- Perry the Platypus (mentioned; possibly scrapped or offscreen)
- Phineas Flynn (possibly; if so either scrapped or offscreen)
- Ferb Fletcher (possibly; if so either scrapped or offscreen)
- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz (possibly; if so either scrapped or offscreen)
- James P. Sullivan (as Chef Pee Pee's costume)
- Mike Wazowski (as Junior's costume)
- Iron-Man (as Brooklyn Guy's costume)
- Batman (as Mario's costume)
- Mr. Incredible (as Cody's costume)
- Boo (mentioned)
- Dracula (mentioned)
- Despite being the Halloween episode, this video was released on November 1 since Logan had to wait to get it monetized by YouTube.
- This marks the first time Phineas and Ferb is referenced in an SML video, in the scene with Junior and Joseph mentioning Perry the Platypus. The scene shows that Joseph (and possibly Junior) is a fan of Perry, and most likely of the show as a whole.
- Perry was just not seen in the video or found by Joseph due to him being in his owners' location, Danville, suggestively fighting Dr. Doofenshmirtz. It is also possible that he was originally going to appear but was scrapped due to Logan likely not owning a Perry plush.
- Brooklyn T. Guy said he was going to steal money if he won.
- This is Shrek's first appearance since "Jeffy Loses His Arms", 8 months since this video was uploaded.
- This is by far the longest absence of a main character.
- Craig returns in this episode after being absent for a year, last appearing in "The Fender Bender!" in July 2017. This is also his first appearance in 2018.
- This is the third time Jeffy mispronounces the name of an animal (in this video it was "elepahant" for "elephant"), the first being "fwog" for "frog", and the second being "gidaraffe" for "giraffe".
- Character costumes:
- Mario: Batman
- Jeffy: "Elepahant" (he wanted Mickey Mouse)
- Bowser Junior: Mike Wazowski
- Joseph: Lego Minifigure
- Cody: Mr. Incredible (claims it's his real body)
- Tyrone: Police Officer
- Judy: Pig
- Chef Pee Pee: James P. Sullivan
- Goodman: Cash Cow
- Brooklyn Guy: Iron Man
- Shrek: "Big Fat Baboon"
- Jackie Chu: Cat in the Hat
- Craig: “Dracula”
- Many of the costumes could be a reference to previous episodes:
- Judy's Pig outfit refers to The Teleportation Machine! where she mentioned it was going to be a great Halloween costume.
- Goodman costume is referring back to the 2016 Halloween special where Judy is a cow outfit and could be a reference to the fans mad at him thinking he is a greedy money lover.
- Craig's outfit could possibly be a reference to a "Chef Pee Pee Quits! Part 1" where he joked that he acted like Dracula.
- Jackie Chu's costume could be derived from the 1st Grade series (back in 2015) where he read out “The Hat in the Cat” to the students.
- The Bible is mentioned in this episode.
- In one of the SML Questions, Halloween is misspelled as "Halloweem".
- The SML Question "What are you going to be for Halloween?" was shown after Halloween.
- It is likely this video was planned to come out on Halloween, but was delayed due to demonetization.
- Brooklyn T. Guy, Goodman and Tyrone are shown to know about the prize of the contest despite not being told. It is possible, they were told off screen though.
- Brooklyn. T. Guy says that he doesn't really have any friends even though he is best friends with Simmons.
- Despite Mr. Goodman, Jeffy, Jackie Chu, and Shrek being in the Costume Contest, they weren't shown on the couch, but it's possible they might've been off-screen.
- Judith, for some reason, was the only one not wearing a costume.
- Brooklyn T. Guy said to Mario "Get the hell outta here!" However, it's Mario's house. He could have just wanted Mario to get out of the living room
- Jackie Chu pronounced Dr. Seuss "Dr. Cheuss." However, in Bowser Junior's 1st Grade!, Jackie Chu pronounced Dr. Seuss "Dr. Sue"
- Instead of saying "I even got a banana" Shrek said "I even got banana"
- Shrek was dressed up as a baboon and said "I even got banana" However, baboons do not typically eat bananas and are omnivores.