"The Asteroid!" is the 408th episode of SML Movies.
An Asteroid is heading towards earth!
Mario is about to watch TV, but can't find the remote. Jeffy turns out to be wearing the remote as a unicorn horn. After taking the remote and turning in the TV, Goodman appears in the news and reveals that a giant asteroid is heading towards Earth.
Space Cadet Brooklyn Guy says that NASA is going to shoot a nuke at the asteroid, and one of four things will happen;
- The nuke will break up the asteroid into tiny pieces which will burn up in the atmosphere.
- The nuke will break the asteroid into 2 medium-sized asteroids, which will both hit the earth.
- The nuke does absolutely nothing to the asteroid.
- The nuke misses the asteroid.
They then shoot the nuke, and the third thing mentioned happened, and Brooklyn Guy states that everyone on Earth is going to die.
While Mario panics about the asteroid hitting the Earth, Jeffy hits him with a rock. Mario explains that an asteroid is larger than a rock, but Jeffy doesn't get it much to Mario’s annoyance.
Goodman announces that Dr. Finkles**tz has provided solutions to stopping the asteroid such as building a giant baseball bat, a giant trampoline and playing Rock Paper Scissors with it, but none of them work, due to time conditions.
Goodman asks if Dr. Finkles**tz can build a shrink ray to shrink the asteroid, and Finkles**tz goes to work on it. After building the shrink ray, Dr. Finkles**tz fires the ray gun at the asteroid, but instead of shrinking it, it turns the asteroid into a giant shrimp. Dr. Finkles**tz realizes he was meant to make a shrink ray instead of a shrimp ray, but he states that it is not possible as this is not a cartoon. Shortly after this, Dr. Finkles**tz' fake mustache falls off and the connection to the news channel is lost.
Mario realizes that there is only one person who can deal with the giant shrimpo... Woody. After asking Woody for help on destroying the giant shrimpo, Woody goes on NASA and explains his plan to devour the entire shrimpo. Brooklyn Guy says it won't work at first, but then gives Woody the idea of eating to the center of the shrimp and blowing it up with a bomb.
After Woody is launched from a rocket onto the shrimp, Woody eats his way into the shrimpo, plants the bomb and detonates it, destroying the shrimpo and saving Earth. However, Woody is presumed to be killed in the explosion.
Mario is happy the shrimpo destroyed but is upset upon realizing Woody is dead. Suddenly, Woody who is still alive falls to the ground much to Mario's surprise and the video ends.
- Dr. Fredrick Finkles**tz
- Brooklyn T. Guy
- Black Yoshi
- Mrs. Lieberwitz (mentioned)
- This is the 4th appearance of Goodman in a row, 5th appearance of Mario in a row, and 6th appearance of Brooklyn T. Guy in a row.
- "Go to sleep forever" is said instead of die.
- This is the 1st SML Movie in which Lance is the only voice actor Along With Logan.
- This is Woody's first appearance since Attack Of The Killer Shrimp! and Woody's first appearance (and only) in 2018.
- This video was released the same day as the teaser for Toy Story 4 and Pokemon: Detective Pikachu. Whether this was a coincidence or not is unknown.
- This is the first time that Goodman is rude to someone else other than Mario.
- The Shrimpo Hunter theme song plays during the SML Question at the end.
- This is the second time an asteroid threatens to destroy Earth. The first time was in "The Past Machine!".
- Dr. Finkles**tz's interest of shrimp seems to return in this video from Attack Of The Killer Shrimp!.
- Running Gag: Goodman keeps mispronouncing Finkles**tz's name into another similar sounding name.
- This is Woody's 4th appearance in the new house.
- This video is currently Woody's latest appearance in SML.
- It is unknown how Black Yoshi got out of the jungle as he was shipped there in Black Yoshi's Call Of Duty Loan! at the end.
- It is likely that the mustache falling off of Dr. Fredrick Finklesh*tz was an error, as Chris's voice reverted to his regular voice, not the Doctor's; but it was still included in the video.
- Mario says that the shrimp is about the size of the earth, but the shrimp appears to be smaller than the earth.
- The nuke launch scenes are different. The first shot shows a missile launching from its launch complex but the second scene shows a Soyuz rocket (responsible for carrying manned or unmanned Soyuz and Progress missions to the ISS or satellites).