| Please note the following:
Screwball (real name unknown) is the stepfather to Joseph, the ex-husband to Joseph's Mom, and a registered sex offender. He disguises as a clown. He makes snake balloons and sells "candy", which is actually meth. He appears to love children in a weird way.
Screwball was born on October 1, 1950, his real name was not Screwball but something else, most of his childhood is unknown but it's implied that he was abused by his father, who had a sexual feeling over him and during his youth he took on a life of crime.
It's implied, he was a runaway criminal in an unknown town, who was eventually caught by the cops, and arrested, and managed to somehow escape jail, flee to Loganville, make up the alies "Screwball" and dress in clown clothes, so he wouldn't be caught and exposed for being a felon.
He attends Bowser Junior's sixth birthday party, along with Joseph, and makes snake balloons for Bowser Junior and his friends. Screwball is good friends with Hansel. In the SML movie trailer, Screwball is the secondary antagonist, as he is seen driving the ice cream truck and possibly kidnapping either Jeffy or Mario.
In Bowser Junior's Halloween, Screwball is seen in a box. He doesn't have any candy but instead offers leftover rocks from his "Rock Party" to Junior, Joseph, and Toad because he recently had a rock party. Cody receives a used condom and its wrapper, as Screwball did not have any rocks left. He offers Junior and his friends to go in his box. When Junior and his friends leave, Screwball announces that he loves them.
Likes and Dislikes
- Being a clown
- Getting his way
- Making snake balloons
- Hershey's Candy Bar
- Being perverted
- Birthday parties
- Joseph's Mom
- Bowser Junior
- Getting little kids to pull his snake balloons
- Snake balloons
- Not getting his way
- Going to jail
- Superheroes (possibly)
- Chef Pee Pee
- Getting kicked out of his house
- Getting spanked
Screwball is a perverted man disguised as a clown who is pedophilic, necrophilic, sneaky, creepy, and sometimes evil.
- Armed Robbery - In Detective Jeffy!, he robs Footlong Bangers and shoots the cashier with a tennis ball
- Drug Dealing - Screwball often tries to sell meth-laced candy to various people
- Necrophilia-in Joseph’s House! Screwball is dating Joseph’s mom when she was a dead skeleton but later to find out she was alive
- "Hey Joseph, your mom's giving me a BONER."
- "I'm goin' for both eye holes this time."
- "I made you a snake balloon."
- "Hey kid."
- "Uh, want some meth?"
- "Nnh-nnh. (pats himself) Screwball." (when someone calls him something other than his name)
- "Which one of you kids is the birthday boy?"
- Screwball is portrayed by a sunny bald black clown puppet.
- Some characters do not believe Screwball exists due to his name (such as Bowser's Mom and Black Yoshi, albeit they never met him).
- His voice is similar to Rowlf the Dog from The Muppets and Telly Monster from Sesame Street.
- In Bowser Junior's Halloween, it appears that Screwball does not know Junior and his friends and that Junior and his friends do not know him, despite having met each other in earlier videos. It is possible they forgot.
- Screwball is named after a clown who visited Logan's birthday party when he was young.
- Screwball was actually originally intended to kidnap the kids in Bowser Junior's 1st Grade! Part 5, which would've caused the school to shut down and everyone pass by default, but Logan decided not to go down that route.
- Screwball has a meth problem.
- Screwball believes meth is candy.
- Screwball has gone on dates with Joseph's mom multiple times, despite the fact that she's dead.
- Despite Screwball having weird actions, nobody in the SML Universe notices any of his strange, illegal, or perverted actions.
- Screwball's character may have taken inspiration from a notorious serial killer and rapist John Wayne Gacy, known for acting as a clown for parties, parades, and events. With the only difference being that Screwball doesn't kill people.
- He will be one of the antagonists in The SML Movie.
- It's rumored either him or Bowser kidnapped Judy in the park when she was 5 years old, along with her friends, as revealed in Cody's Amiibo!.
- When Screwball supposedly kidnapped Judy in 1983, because he was born in 1950, he would've been 32 or 33 years old at the time.