"Richard's Mistake!" is the 584th episode of SML Movies.
Richard crashes his dad's car! And tries to0 hide it from his dad.
Chef Pee Pee is saying his chicken quesadilla is delicious and starts singing the "Chicken Quesadilla Song". after he starts, Junior and Cody join in singing with Chef Pee Pee. When they're singing, the doorbell rings and they get mad about it ruining their song and at the door is Richard Goodman. He is there because he got grounded for spending money on V-bucks for Fortnite. And he also mentioned that he was joyriding Goodman's BMW, which he calls "Big Mexican Women".
Richard admits that he crashed his car in a tree and asks Junior to spot the mark and he does, which makes Richard unhappy. And is worried since Mr. Goodman got Lasik eye surgery twice because he didn't know if his eyes were playing tricks or his wife was just ugly. And they call Brooklyn T. Guy because Richard made up a story saying that Groot jumped in front of his car and wants him arrested. And says that he's 12 and Brooklyn says he's too young then says he's actually 16 and bribes Brooklyn T. Guy. So Brooklyn T. Guy shows up in his plumber outfit and says he's going to fix it with an advanced toilet plumber but it's just a regular one and tries to fix it but instead right after his 1st attempt, he starts to hit the front of the car with a hammer, then he runs away.
In order to cover it up, Richard calls Chives and blames it on him, and then calls Goodman and makes Chives say things that was written on a board by Junior. Mr. Goodman says he's on his way to give Chives a spanking and when he arrives, Richard tells him the "story" and Chives thinks he was actually going to tell the truth. Junior feels bad about it so he tells Mr. Goodman that Richard is lying, Richard does admit he did lie, Goodman of course was outraged, and the video ends with him spanking Richard off-screen.
- Richard Goodman
- Chef Pee Pee
- Bowser Junior
- Cody (Cameo)
- Brooklyn T. Guy
- Mr. Goodman
- Ling Ling
- King Julien (indirectly mentioned)
- Mort (indirectly mentioned)
- Groot (mentioned)
- This is the 25th consecutive episode to feature Brooklyn T. Guy, breaking his previous streak of 24 episodes from “Chef Jeffy!” through “Jeffy's Halloween!”.
- According to the BTS, the creation of this video came about because Logan's BMW got dented in real life.
- This is the first SML Movie to have Richard's name in the title, not counting previous videos where he was referred to as "Mr. Goodman's Son".
- This is also the first Richard centered Video of 2021.
- The Chicken Quesadilla song is a reference to a similar song that was played in Bowser's Dilemma. However, the two songs have slightly different lyrics.
- This is the first appearance of Ling Ling and Chives in 2021.
- This episode was uploaded 7 years after Luigi's Mansion Episode 2", and 10 years after "Toad Is Cool".
- This episode was uploaded 11 years after the creation of SuperGoombaLogan.
- This is the first Mistake video since Bowser's Mistake.
- BMW really stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke (German for Bavarian Motor Works).
- This is the first time Richard/Chives/LingLing and the Human Puppets appear in the same video. It is also the second full-on human puppet video to feature Goodman.
- This is the third time Richard Goodman was seen getting grounded in a video. The first time was in "Goodman's Son Gets a Job!", and the second was in “Joseph the Hero!”.
- This is the first time the word "GROUNDED" is shown on the thumbnail. It's similar to the Kid Temper Tantrum videos when the word grounded is on the thumbnail.
- This episode is based off a SML Fanon post.
- This episode was published during the People Power Revolution Anniversary.
- This is Richard Goodman's 10th appearance.
- This is the first video where Chives is physically seen working for the Goodman family.
- This video also mentions about 2005 animated film, Madagascar and the Lemurs.
- Ironically, this video was panned by some people accusing Logan of being too co-pathetic to GoAnimate users who used to promote Grounded and Punishment Days videos back between 2014 to 2017. Despite this, Logan denies being a GoFag (a slang for a GoAnimate user or a supporter)
- The phrase “Big Mexican Women” is a possible reference to the ventriloquist Jeff Dunham as he used the phrase before in one of his shows.
- This is the first time Goodman's eyebrows are edited to look angry.
To see full results of this poll, see here.