| Please note the following:
"Joseph's Imaginary Family!" is the 529th episode of SML Movies.
Joseph gets a family! Kinda
The episode starts with Bowser Junior with his bowl, while Chef Pee Pee goes to Junior with a pot of mac and cheese. Bowser Junior says "Oh yeah, put it in my bowl daddy" as Chef Pee Pee puts it in, which made Chef Pee Pee disguisted and ask him why he said it like that. Chef Pee Pee then adds more food, and then Junior says "Oh yes spread it" then Chef Pee Pee gets annoyed again. He tries to open a juice box for Junior but he says something similar again angering Chef Pee Pee further. Bowser Junior says 'Aww, put the straw in the juice box daddy', but Chef Pee Pee angrily tells Junior put the straw in the juice box by himself, Bowser Junior says 'Oh, you're gonna put it in myself'. Chef Pee Pee tells Junior to shut up and he storms away to get Bowser. Just then, Bowser comes in and says "Oooooh, put it in my bowl daddy" infuriating Chef Pee Pee further. Bowser tells Junior to tell "his friends" that they can't come in because it's a "Family Dinner".
Joseph comes at the door and Bowser Junior says he can't come because it's a "Family Dinner". Joseph comes at the window saying "Aww, put it in my bowl daddy". Chef Pee Pee closes the blinds. Joseph goes to Cody's house saying the same thing while getting shut off too. The video continues off where Cody, via FaceTime, talks to Junior about Joseph coming to their windows saying "Aww, put it in my bowl daddy". Joseph comes to the door and asks Junior for him to come inside. Joseph then tells Junior how sad he felt for not having a family.
Junior returns to the table and tells his dad that he didn't let Joseph in. Bowser repeats "Put it in my bowl daddy", and then the family hears Joseph say the same sentence outside the window. They get confused and Bowser tells Joseph to go back to his own family, and tells Junior to close the blinds.
Joseph then goes to Cody's house and asks Tyrone if he can give him food, but Tyrone refuses. Joseph then comes back to Junior's house and starts crying, because he doesn't have a family and no one wants him. Junior gets an idea that he will make a paper family for Joseph to make him feel better. Junior draws the Mâchés (paper drawings of family members) and presents Bob (father), Karen (mother), Jacob (Little brother), and a "super hot" "step-sister" Stacy to Joseph. Bowser Junior roleplays as all the family members. Joseph is very happy, then aks Junior if she's "only a step-sister". Joseph is again, very happy of his new family, and asks Karen when she will make some food. "Karen" replies with a typical annoyed response.
Bowser Junior prepares a dinner table, but Joseph asks Junior why is there no food. Junior replies that the family is not real and just a piece of paper. Joseph however, believes that the family is real people and they have emotions. Joseph "bullies" Jacob, and asks Junior to make Chef Pee Pee make them food.
Junior comes to the kitchen and asks Chef Pee Pee to make dinner for Joseph and his family. Chef Pee Pee refuses and comes to see who is Joseph's family, and gets mad at Junior for wasting his time on a joke. Joseph, before that brought Stacy possibly under the table (implied under the excuse that she "'went to the bathroom"). Junior draws a pizza on a paper for Joseph. Joseph tells Junior that Stacy was "busy in the bathroom".
Joseph eats the paper pizza, and tells Junior that he's full. Joseph asks Bob if he can watch TV, but Bob "replies" that it's past his bedtime and he has to go to sleep. Joseph asks if he can sleep with his sister, but Bob refuses. Joseph brings Stacy to a bed, and asks if she wants to be on the top, or on the bottom bed.
Joseph returns to Bob and tells him that "Stacy found a monster in her bed". Junior gets annoyed, and tells Joseph as Bob that he has to go to a sleep, but Joseph says that he just wanted a midnight snack. Bob sends Karen to make sure Joseph goes to sleep, and Karen "yells" at Joseph to go to sleep, but Junior leaves Karen in the bed.
Joseph returns to the couch and tells Bob that "Mom confirmed there's a monster in his bed". Bob tells Joseph that he's grounded and he should give a bath to his brother.
Jacob "won't stop crying". Joseph throws him in the bath, and tells him to stop crying, and goes away. After he returns, he sees Jacob cut into pieces in the water. Joseph gets very scared and returns to the couch. Bob ungrounds Joseph, because he "gave his brothe r a bath". Joseph tells Junior that the best thing about this is that his family will never die. Junior gets worried about the idea of having to control Joseph's family forever, and comes with an idea that Joseph will meet his "grandparents".
Junior draws Joseph paper grandparents and introduces to Joseph Grandpa Drew and Grandma Babs. Babs "kisses" Joseph and immediately dies. Junior tells Joseph that his grandma died, and prepares a "funeral" for her.
The funeral is an open casket, but Joseph proceeds then proceeds to "make a hole" in the drawing.
Junior goes to the bathroom, and finds the drawing of Jacob torn to pieces floating in a bathtub, and comes with an idea. He draws a paper version of Brooklyn T. Guy and tells the family that he found Jacob dead in the bathroom, and that all clues point to Joseph being the murderer, but that he has "no evidence to arrest him". The paper family disowns Joseph.
Joseph gets really sad, but Junior tells him that maybe one day he will have a real family.
The screen fades to a white text "Will Joseph ever get a family?".
- Bowser Junior
- Chef Pee Pee
- Tyrone (cameo)
- Judy (non-speaking cameo)
- Brooklyn T. Guy (Remade on paper)
- Stacy Mâché (debut; does not speak)
- Bobbert Mâché (debut)
- Karen Mâché (debut)
- Jacob Mâché (debut; death)
- Drew Mâché (debut)
- Babs Mâché (debut and death)
- This episode proves that Joseph is constantly stressed and depressed, to the point that he will perceive a paper drawing as his family, ignoring the obvious fact that Junior controls all the paper drawings, and getting sad over them disowning him. This gives Joseph more character development of a troubled homeless person.
- This episode was uploaded 5 years after "Bowser Junior Goes To Disney World! Part 2", 6 years after "Bowser Junior's Three Wishes" and 11 years after "The Loss of a Retard".
- Karen is a reference to the Internet meme of the same name used to refer to middle-aged white women who are usually obnoxious, self-entitled, snobby, and occasionally racist.
- In the same case, the "step-sister's" name is Stacy, which is a slang term used to describe an attractive woman perceived as entitled, as well as being obsessed with jewelry, makeup and clothes. This term is often used in a culture of incels, who are people that are unable to find a lover.
- Joseph's behavior with Karen, Stacy, and Babs is similar to that with Paige from “The Imaginary Girlfriend!”, with Joseph constantly having "sexual intercourse" with paper drawings of women and the episode being full of innuendos and dirty jokes.
- This implies that Joseph finds love in paper drawings of women rather than real people.
- "Die" was said four times, and "Died" was also said four times.
- This goes against the "go to sleep forever" rule established in "Jeffy's Future!", however, this is possibly a joke about YouTube's standards on cussing.
- Cody's original house in this video has returned since the original Cody-focused videos up until 2016.
- Joseph might be suffering from Pica (disorder that causes enjoyment of eating various inedible objects), due to him enjoying the paper pizza that Junior drew.
- The video references the newly released game called Paper Mario: The Origami King.
- The Before the Scenes video shows the SML cast drawing the paper family.
- Running Gag: Junior, Joseph, and Bowser saying things in a sexually suggestive tone.
- The "Will Joseph ever get a family?" question is a possible hint that there will be a video where Joseph gets a real family.
- Jacob's original name was supposed to be Trevor.
- There is crayons in the thumbnail, but the paper family is drawn in sharpie.
- When Bowser asks for someone to close the blinds, Juinor gets up to do it, but Chef Pee Pee is shown to close them.
- It is unknown how Joseph has a bowl when he's poor.
- However, he could've stolen it, considering that the bowls look heavily similar to Junior and his family's bowls.
- Joseph also lives in an orphanage as in Bowser Junior's Girlfriend Problem!, so he could've stolen the bowl from the orphanage.