"Jeffy's Tantrum!" is the 43rd episode of SML Shorts.
After a massive incident which culminated in the demonetization of SML, the video has been removed.
Jeffy wants Mario's credit card number so he can buy a $2.99 SpongeBob app, but Mario already bought Jeffy an app last week. Jeffy freaks out and insists that he's bored of the app that Mario bought for him last week and demands Mario for the SpongeBob app. This results in a fight in which they both repeat themselves. Finally, Jeffy threatens to run away from home if Mario doesn't buy him the game, in which Jeffy does.
Suddenly, the doorbell rings and Mario answers it to find Jeffy wearing a typical glasses and mustache disguise, inquiring Mario to purchase the app, but Mario believes it's him. Suddenly, Jeffy shows up behind Mario, revealing that the Jeffy at the door wasn't the real Jeffy.
The real Jeffy resumes the fight with Mario and demands the app. Mario asks why Jeffy didn't run away like he said. Jeffy says he can't run away without the app, and threatens to hold his breath until he dies if he doesn't get the game. He attempts to do so, but ends up breathing in the end. When Mario finally yells at Jeffy that he's not buying the game, Jeffy begins crying which turns into a scream of rage.
As Mario walks away in annoyance, Jeffy continues to freak out and throws the couch off the balcony in a fit of rage, saying that he will keep throwing stuff until he gets the game. The final straw is when he throws Mario's TV off the balcony. This is Mario's breaking point. Mario gets very angry and yells at Jeffy that he is so done. Jeffy asks if he can buy the game now with Mario responding that he is about to get something before outright whipping Jeffy with a belt.
Two weeks later, Jeffy is traumatized and is dressed like emo. He wants to cut himself, but is stopped by Mario by saying what kind of do to make him stop acting like this, so before Jeffy can hang himself, Junior shows up and offers him an $10 iTunes card that Jeffy can use to buy the app himself.
As Jeffy leaves with the card, Junior decides to play with the noose, implying that he may have hung himself to death. Meanwhile, Mario has now "replaced" the couch (see Trivia) and Jeffy breaks the news to him about the card. However, Jeffy is met with the news that Mario sold Jeffy's iPad to buy the new couch. The episode ends with Jeffy dropping the iTunes card and yelling to Mario and the whole world: "ARE YOU F***ING HIGH?!?!?!".
- Bowser Junior
- Simmons (cameo)
- Jeffy Salesman
- Tito Jimenez (cameo)
- Chilly Jimenez (cameo)
- Logan Thirtyacre (cameo)
Incident with The Sun
In December 2017, a seven-year-old child actually attempted to hang himself the way Jeffy almost did in this video. The mother discovered her son and that he was inspired by SuperMarioLogan, so she banned him from watching it. She then reported it to a news station called The Sun. The article can be viewed here.
Despite Logan apologizing about this incident, stating that the content in his videos are not to be imitated, on December 12, YouTube started demonetizing and age-restricting most of his videos, even the ones without inappropriate content, then began striking a few other videos before eventually demonetizing the entire channel, thus forcing Logan to move his main activity to SuperLuigiLogan. Enraged fans of the series criticized the mother for not monitoring her child's Internet activity, not properly teaching her son to not imitate content seen on the Internet, and then blaming Logan to preserve her inflated ego; they also criticized YouTube for associating SML with the Elsagate controversy, even though SML was never meant for kids to watch in the first place. Then the same 7 year old started a petition via change.org to put ads on SML then it want viral all of sudden YouTube took down the petition for defending the youtube guidelines.
In response to this controversy, Logan privatized the video from his main channel, which means that reuploads are currently the only method that can be used to watch the SML Short. Logan also created Jeffy Plays Minecraft!, which is based on this incident.
- The "new couch" is actually the old couch. It ended up undamaged.
- This is the most controversial episode because of Mario being a high or Jeffy acting emo.
- This is the first episode to feature a number of things:
- The first time the viewers see Jeffy become emo.
- This is the first and only appearance of the Jeffy Salesman.
- The first episode where Jeffy loses his temper.
- This is the first time Jeffy tries to kill himself.
- This is the first SML video to have Jeffy's angry face in its thumbnail.
- Mario has the same thumbnail pose as Mario's Hobo Problem! and Locked Out where his eyebrows are slanted so that he looks angry.
- This is the first time Jeffy becomes an emo.
- Jeffy being emo is similar to how Junior would act differently whenever he is traumatized, depressed, or irritated, like in Bowser Junior's Punishment! and Bowser Junior Loses Thomas!.
- The SML Question is the same as the question in Jeffy's Mistake!.
- This marks the first time someone else plays as Jeffy (during the Jeffy in disguise scene), not counting the animal noises.
- It's also the 4th time overall that Mario beats Jeffy. The first being Jeffy's Bad Word!, 2nd being The Hitman!, and 3rd being First Day Of School!.
- The SpongeBob SquarePants game is "SpongeBob Moves In!"
- However, Spongebob Moves In! is currently a free game. When it came out in 2013, it wasn't free.
- This is the 17th time that Bowser Junior dies.
- The way the earth is seen shaking by Jeffy's shouting, "ARE YOU F***ING HIGH?!?!?!" is similar to how the earth is seen shaking by Bowser Junior's screaming from his leg breaking in Bowser Junior's Broken Leg! and Shrek's massive crap in The Ring!
- This is the 3rd time Jeffy breaks stuff, 1st being in Jeffy's Mistake!, 2nd being Nintendo Switch.
- Jeffy's crying is very similar to the way he cried in The Quiet Game!
- This is also one of the few times in which Jeffy is called a bad boy and doesn't cry. Other episodes where this happened was in The Quiet Game! and in Turkey Tyranny!
- Many elements from this episode, such as a character becoming suicidal after a traumatic event, might've been borrowed from Bowser Junior's Punishment!
- Once again, Jeffy uses the words, "ARE YOU F**KING HIGH?!?!?!". However, at the end of the video, he sounded with way more rage when he said it. This is because Mario sold his iPad for a new couch. That means that Jeffy went emo and got the iTunes card from Junior for nothing.
- Jeffy makes reference to the fact that his puppet only has 8 fingers when Mario tells him he has to wait until Christmas to get his game.
- This is the most popular SML Short.
- This is the 10th time a character in SML attempts suicide. The other instances of this happening include Bowser's Depression, Bowser Junior's Candy Bar!, Bowser Junior Loses Thomas!, Bowser Junior's Punishment!, Bowser Junior Stubs His Toe!, Jeffy's Parents!, Bowser Junior's Game Night 3, The Magical Button!, and Jeffy's Homework!.
- This video got Age Restricted due to Aggressive Harassment and Violation and Stronger Language.
- "SpongeBob Moves In!" was released on June 6, 2013. Technically, it is not a new game.
- Despite the mother saying that this video taught her son how to tie a noose around his neck, the noose is never actually shown being tied.
- When Jeffy tosses the couch over the balcony, Chilly's hand can be briefly seen throwing the couch. In the next shot, as Mario watches the couch fall, the legs of Chilly, Lance, and Tito all can be seen.