"Cody Plays Tennis!" is the 434th episode of SML Movies.
Cody wants to be in Mario Tennis Aces, but he has to prove he is good at tennis!
The video starts with Junior and Joseph playing Mario Tennis Aces, & Junior brags that he is going to beat Joseph. Junior is beating Joseph 40 - 0, but when Joseph uses his special move, Junior misses and his racket breaks, & Joseph wins the game by a K.O. Junior is mad, and Joseph brags that he won 35 times.
Junior hears the doorbell ring, and Cody is invited in. Cody sees the game case, and Cody asks if he can play. Joseph and Junior are hesitant, and Cody gets mad, saying if he wasn't in the game, he was going to cut both Juniors and Joseph's faces off so he can replace them. Joseph gets scared & leaves and Cody gets mad that he isn't part of the game. Junior tells Cody that a new character comes out every month and he could possibly be a new character in a couple of months.
Cody asks to see the characters already in the game. Cody sees Junior's pet, Chompy, and Cody gets mad, saying that he doesn't have arms, but he does. He also sees Spike and Cody explains that no one knows who he is, and sarcastically says he's the next big Mario character, saying fake titles like "Super Spike Bros.". Cody says that Spike is a Make-A-Wish character from a sick kid's drawing. Then Junior moves on to Boom-Boom, and Cody says he's never seen him before and explains that, if in a million years he saw that character, he wouldn't have guessed Boom-Boom. He would replace him with Goomba or Bob-omb, despite the fact that neither of those two have arms, just like Chompy.
Junior moves on to Luma, and Cody says that Rosalina is already a character and that Luma doesn't need to be in the game & that he could've been replaced with Luma. Then Junior moves on to Pauline, and Cody agrees that Pauline is a reasonable choice, being in the first Mario game & that she has a nice racket. Cody calms down, and Junior turns off the video game & switches to watch TV.
Brooklyn T Guy shows up in a commercial, and promotes the "Are You Good at Tennis?" Tournament. He says that the winner will be a new playable character in Mario Tennis Aces. Cody agrees to play in the tournament, even though he barely knows how to play tennis, making up names like "Cody Dennis Nutkiss", saying that it rhymes with tennis & makes up catchphrases that most tennis players would say.
Cody cries, saying to Ken that he has no knowledge of playing tennis. His dad, Tyrone, asks why he's crying, and Cody says he doesn't know how to play tennis. He encourages Cody by saying that when he was a kid, he always wanted to go to jail, and by the time he was 18, he was sentenced 3 years to jail. Cody gets that if you wait, your request will eventually happen. Tyrone tells Cody to get to bed or else he'll get a whooping.
The next day, he arrives at the tournament, and Junior asks if Cody is good at tennis, and he tells Junior that he is a god, and makes jokes about balls. Cody gets asked by Goodman to start the first serve, and Cody hits the net. Goodman gets the first score, and Goodman serves. Cody gets hit by the tennis ball, knocking off his glasses & breaking them. Junior asks for a forfeit, but Cody refuses. He serves again, Goodman hits back, and Cody gets hit in his private parts. Cody forfeits, and Junior & he arrive at the house.
Cody says that he's glad that he has extra pairs of glasses. Junior says that he won't be a playable character in Mario Tennis Aces, and Cody says that he doesn't care about the game anymore. Joseph arrives at the house, reveals that Cody is in the game, and Cody is happy that he can finally play the game. Junior asks Cody if he wants to play a match & Cody agrees. Cody thinks it's unfair that it's 2 against one, and he needs a partner. He gets Chompy as a partner, and he refuses to have him as one. He finally accepts Chompy as his partner, and all of them start the game.
Cody admires his entrance, & Joseph is the first serve. Chompy doesn't hit the ball, and team Junior gets 15 points. Joseph serves again, & Cody hits the ball, Junior hits back, & Chompy misses the ball again. The same thing happens a third time & a fourth time. Team Junior is up by 40 points, & Cody gets irritated. They switch serves and Chompy gets the serve. Junior & Joseph mock Cody by doing their spinning animations, then the match stops because no one served the ball for 30 seconds.
Junior sees that a new character has been unlocked. It was Mr. Goodman because he won the tournament. Goodman then tells Cody to hurry up & serve the ball, & the video ends.
- Bowser Junior
- Brooklyn T. Guy
- Mario (in game)
- Tommy Lakitu (in game)
- Luigi (in game)
- Peach (in game)
- Bowser (in game)
- Toad (in game)
- Donkey Kong (in game)
- Shy Guy (in game)
- Rosalina (in game)
- Wario (in game)
- Waluigi (in game)
- Kamek (in game)
- This is the first appearance of Chompy in 2019.
- This video is very similar to SMG4: Stupid Mario Ace Tennis due to it's plot where a character plays tennis to star in Super Mario Ace Tennis but fails.
- Cody says Pauline has a “nice rack”, but it has been confirmed that Cody is gay, and doesn’t like girls in general.
- Despite Mario and Rosalina being in the game, Jeffy is not. This is because Jeffy, despite being their son, is not a Mario Character so is therefore not included. He would have also been included if he participated and won the tennis tournament.
- This is one of those moments where Goodman is mean to someone else besides Mario.
- This is the first time in which Tyrone motivates Cody to do something. It is usually Judy who does this.
- This is second time Brooklyn Guy made a "no kids for you" joke since The Bake Sale! when that guy hit his nuts on Most Dangerous Wipeouts.
- When Cody said he was gonna cut off Junior and Josephs face and wear them he is refuring to leatherface/Jedidah Sawyer from the Texas chainsaw massacre films a horror movie character who wears a mask made of human skins.
- Cody and Junior, despite saying that they've never seen Spike or Boom Boom in a Mario game, is a complete lie. Spike and Boom Boom first appeared in Super Mario Bros 3 making them older than Junior and Cody (Magikoopas first appeared in Super Mario World and Bowser Junior in Super Mario Sunshine) as well as being reoccurring enemies in the Mario games. In New Super Mario Bros Wii, a game where Bowser Junior and Kamek (Cody) both appear, Spike's can be seen in World 2 and World 6.