"Cody's New Friend!" is the 581st episode of SML Movies.
Cody gets a new friend causing Junior and Joseph to become jealous!
Joseph shows Junior his blowtorch and suggests that they go burn down anthills. However, after Junior calls Cody to see if he wants to join, Cody says he is spending time with a friend called Luke, because of this, Cody does not want to join and Junior and Joseph go to the park to see Cody and his new friend. During the visit, Junior and Joseph berate Luke. Junior and Joseph try to entice Cody by saying they'll go home and eat Go-Gurts, yet Cody is still not convinced. At home, Junior is sad that the plushies cannot be used anymore and that Cody does not want to spend time together. They once again try to entice him by inviting girls and Judy to suck Junior and Joseph's Go-Gurts, of course, Cody is still not convinced.
Junior decides that he and Joseph will be friends if they become bald like Luke, so they shave off their hair. Junior is able to lure Cody to get to his house, but them being bald still does not work. Junior devises a plan to tell Brooklyn T. Guy that Luke kidnapped Cody's family, but this falls apart quickly. Junior and Joseph then vandalize the house with toilet paper and try to blame it on Luke. However, Chef Pee Pee sees Junior vandalizing the house and threatens to tell Bowser but Junior and Joseph barricade him in the pantry. Junior calls the cops and he is able to get Luke arrested. Cody comes back to the house very angry, with Cody revealing that Luke is terminally ill and only has 3 days to live, meaning he will die in jail.
Junior asks God to help, the latter initially says that Junior and Joseph will go to hell for what they did, but says that if they get 10,000 likes on a Facebook post, God will bail Luke out and cure him of his disease and Joseph later successfully gets the number of likes while Cody, back at Junior's house, is still mad at Junior for what happened earlier. Junior then apologizes to Luke and the latter says that he will move to Vermont as he was in Florida only for treatment. Junior asks what his Facebook name is and Luke says his last name is "Emia". After sounding it out, Junior realizes that his name is a pun on "leukemia", thus implying Luke's illness.
- Luke Emia
- Bowser Junior
- Brooklyn T. Guy
- Chef Pee Pee
- Maria Sanchez
- Bowser (mentioned)
- Luke Skywalker (mentioned)
- Darth Vader (mentioned)
- Happy (thumbnail)
- Dave the Minion (cover photo)
- Carl the Minion (cover photo)
- Mario (initials)
- Gru (initials)
- The ants (mentioned)
- This episode was uploaded on President’s Day.
- "Mega God" is a callback to a joke in "The Past Machine!".
- Junior asking if the "Super Bald Brothers" violates any copyright laws and him breaking the fourth wall by saying he is sad that they can't use the plushies are references to Nintendo's cease and desist letter to Logan.
- There are words that are harmful to the guidelines of YouTube, in “The Prank!” the word “kidnap” is censored, however in this episode it’s not. It’s possible that Logan forgot.
- This is the first appearance of Elizabeth in 2021.
- The technique Bowser Junior and Joseph use when locking Chef Pee Pee in the pantry is a callback to when Jeffy and Junior lock Shrek in the restroom in "Shrek The Babysitter!".
- This is the 3rd time Cody's puppet has been altered for a scene, with his eyes showing rage.
- After Luke got arrested, Cody went to Junior's house in a very angry mood, we can see that Cody eyes were changed to show what mood he is in, that being the angry mood.
- This episode was uploaded 2 years after "Bowser Junior's Mom!", and 12 years after "SuperMarioLogan Reviews Rock Band and Guitar Hero".
- Chef Pee Pee saying "I'ma tell yo daddy!" returns after "Jeffy and Junior Sneak Out!".
- Also, this is the third time another character gets locked inside by two characters putting a chair to the doorknob. The first was Shrek, and the second two were Jeffy and Junior.
- Junior going bald could be a reference to "Picture Day!".
- This video was hated by fans due to the human puppets, Junior and Joseph acting like jerks and Cody not being happy that Luke was released from Jail at the end.
- It was revealed in the second BTS that a group of people vandalized Logan's house with toilet paper which cause this event to be incorporated in the video. Viewers originally thought this was the crew and/or actors that threw the toilet paper on purpose.
- The ending merch promo had been changed because of the cease and desist letter from Nintendo. It had been redesigned to have the "SML" plastered over the original SuperMarioLogan logo.
- Junior and Joseph forgot about Cody being gay when planning on having a party filled with girls to get him jealous.
- When Chef Pee Pee tries to tell Bowser, he accidentally says his Mario name, which could lead to a copyright claim since Bowser is Nintendo property.
To see full results of this poll, see here.